In this guide, you have a step-by-step walkthrough that you can take when installing an eSIM on your Motorola Razr Device.
Installing an eSIM manually
Before attempting to install the eSIM, there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally, you will need to be connected to Wi-fi or have a good 4G signal.
- An eSIM compatible device - If you are unsure, here's a list of compatible devices: List of compatible devices
- The device isn't locked to one Mobile Network - If you are unsure whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, have a look at our article on how to check if your device is "locked/unlocked": Locked/unlocked devices
1. Go into Settings.
2. Go into "Network & Internet".
3. Go into "Mobile network"
4. Click on the drop-down menu named "Advanced"
5. Click "Carrier"
6. Click "Add carrier"
7. Press "Next".
8. Click "Enter code manually" when given the option to scan by QR.
9. To be able to Manually install the eSIM, you will need your "SM-DP + Address" and "Activation code". You must enter in the format of "1$Insert SM-DP + address here$ followed by the activation code, eg JQ-1MU12G-CJN26F. The code should end up looking something similar to the photo below.
10. Click "start" and it will enable the installation process.
11. Press the back "arrow" to return to mobile network.
12. Make sure that "Roaming" is turned on.