In this guide, you have a step-by-step walkthrough you can take when installing an eSIM on your Huawei Device.
Installing an eSIM using a QR Code.
Before attempting to install the eSIM, there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally, you will need to be connected to Wi-fi or have a good 4G signal.
- An eSIM compatible device - If you are unsure, here's a list of compatible devices: List of compatible devices
- The device isn't locked to one Mobile Network - If you are unsure whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, have a look at our article on how to check if your device is "locked/unlocked" Locked/unlocked devices
Do not forget to turn on "Data Roaming" once the installation is complete.
1. Go into your Settings.
2. Click on "Mobile Network".
3. Click on "Sim Management" > Click "Add eSIM".
4. Click on the cross in the bottom left of the screen (Add eSIM) > Scan the "QR Code" given through your eSIMs bundles account.
5. Click "Add this eSIM" > Wait for the eSIM to download.
Note: This may take up to 10 minutes, please do NOT close this, or the installation will stop.
6. Once completed, your eSIM should appear in the list. > Make sure the eSIM is enabled, otherwise the eSIM won't work.
Note: Once you have completed these steps, make sure your Data Roaming is "ON" as seen in the photos below, otherwise you will not be able to use the eSIM.