In this guide, you have a step-by-step walkthrough you can take when installing an eSIM on your Huawei Device.
Installing an eSIM Manually
Before attempting to install the eSIM, there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally, you will need to be connected to Wi-fi or have a good 4G signal.
- An eSIM compatible device - If you are unsure, here's a list of compatible devices: List of compatible devices
- The device isn't locked to one Mobile Network - If you are unsure whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, have a look at our article on how to check if your device is "locked/unlocked": Locked/unlocked devices
Do not forget to turn on "Data Roaming" once the installation is complete.
1. Go into Settings.
2. Click onto "Mobile Networks" > Sim Management.
3. Click on an eSIM > Add eSIM.
4. Click "Enter Manually".
5. Type in the SM+DP Address as shown on the photo below (Top Row) followed by the Activation code which you can find on your Bundles account.
You may leave the Confirmation Code field empty.
6. Click "Add this eSIM" > Wait for the eSIM to download.
Note: This may take up to 10 minutes, please do NOT close this, or the installation will stop.
7. Once completed, your eSIM should appear in the list. > Make sure the eSIM is enabled, or the eSIM won't work.
Note: Once you have completed these steps, make sure your Data Roaming is "ON" as seen in the photos below, otherwise you will not be able to use the eSIM.