In this guide, you have a step-by-step walkthrough you can take when installing an eSIM on your Xiaomi Device.
Installing an eSIM Manually
Before attempting to install the eSIM, there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally you will need to either be connected to Wi-fi or have a good 4G signal.
- An eSIM compatible device - if you are unsure, a list of compatible devices is listed here: List of compatible devices
- The device isn't locked to one Mobile Network - If you are unsure of whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, have a look at our article on how to check if your device is "locked/unlocked" Locked/unlocked devices
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go into "SIM cards & mobile networks"
3. Scroll down until you see the option "Manage eSIM" > Click on it.
4. Select "Add mobile plan"
5. Select "Add manually instead"
6. To be able to Manually install the eSIM, you will need your "SM-DP + Address" and "Activation code". You must enter in the format of "1$Insert SM-DP + address here$ followed by the activation code, eg JQ-1MU12G-CJN26F. The code should end up looking something similar to the photo below.
7. Once you have typed this in, press "OK" > Click "Add" > This will enable the installation.
Note: This may take up to 10 minutes, please do NOT close this, or the installation will stop.
8. Ensure that "Data Roaming" is Enabled/ON.