In this guide, you have a step-by-step walkthrough you can take when installing an eSIM on your Google Device.
Installing an eSIM Manually
Before attempting to install the eSIM, there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally, you will need to be connected to Wi-fi or have a good 4G signal.
- An eSIM compatible device - If you are unsure, here's a list of compatible devices: List of compatible devices
- The device isn't locked to one Mobile Network - If you are unsure whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, have a look at our article on how to check if your device is "locked/unlocked" Locked/unlocked devices
Do not forget to turn on "Data Roaming" once the installation is complete.
1. Go into Settings.
2. Go into "Network and Internet".
3. Click the "+" next to "Mobile Data".
4. Click "Don't have a SIM card" > "Next".
5. When presented with "Scan QR Code" > Click "Need help?"
6. Click "Enter it manually".
7. To be able to Manually install the eSIM, you will need your "SM-DP + Address" and "Activation code". You must enter in the format of "1$Insert SM-DP + address here$ followed by the activation code, eg JQ-1MU1XZ-RJ838. The code should end up looking something similar to the photo below.
8. Click "Continue" and it will enable the installation process.
9. Click "Activate" > Please allow up to 10 minutes for the eSIM to install.
Note: please do NOT close this, or the installation will stop.
10. Once this has been completed, go back into "Network and Internet" > Mobile Networks.
11. Ensure that "Data Roaming" is Enabled/ON.
If your Data Roaming has a "blue toggle bar" then it is enabled.
Note: Your eSIM will not work without you having "Data Roaming" enabled.
If you experience any issues when trying to install your eSIM, have a look at our article here: