In this guide, you have a step-by-step walkthrough you can take when installing an eSIM on your Oppo Device.
Installing an eSIM manually
Before attempting to install the eSIM, there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally you will need to either be connected to Wi-fi or have a good 4G signal.
- An eSIM compatible device - if you are unsure, compatible devices are listed here: List of compatible devices
- The device isn't locked to one Mobile Network - If you are unsure of whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, have a look at our article on how to check if your device is "locked/unlocked" Locked/unlocked devices
1. Go into Settings.
2. Go into "Mobile network"
3. Click eSIM
4. Select "Add eSIM"
5. Press "Next"
6. When the QR code screen comes up > Press "Need help"
7. Select "Enter it manually"
8. To be able to Manually install the eSIM, you will need your "SM-DP + Address" and "Activation code". You must enter in the format of "1$Insert SM-DP + address here$ followed by the activation code, eg JQ-1MU12G-CJN26F. The code should end up looking something similar to the photo below.
9. Click "download" and it will enable the installation process.
11. Once in this section > Click the slider next to Data roaming and make sure that it turns blue (enabled)